Urbanisation, Density Planning Restrictions and the development of more challenging sites has seen the rise of overheating issues in buildings rise significantly over the past few years.
Where new homes are required to meet high quality and insulation levels, the need for effective ventilation and cooling strategies are now crucial to comfort and well-being and to meet planning guidance and regulations. This CPD will explore the reasons for overheating, thermal modelling examples and the benefits of using ventilation and cooling to combat overheating in homes.
• What is overheating, why is it occurring and what are the implications?
• Regulations and Guidance surrounding overheating in homes e.g TM59
• Importance of thermal modelling with examples utilising ventilation
• Ventilation solutions to combat overheating
With Building Regulations calling for increasingly airtight homes, and fuel prices rising, effective and efficient heat recovery ventilation is vital.
The Zehnder CPD explains everything you need to know about heat recovery in order to successfully specify it into High Code Level homes and Passive House projects.
The course has been independently assessed and accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and aims to enable recipients to champion healthier, more energy-efficient and more comfortable buildings for the benefit of the homeowner, the community and the environment.
- Understand the key principles of heat recovery ventilation and how it works
- Learn about what constitutes a High Code Level and Passive House dwelling
- Understand how to identify the correct heat recovery system for the project
- Recognise the necessary features to achieve compliance with High Code Levels or Passive House standards
- Be aware of best practice when specifying heat recovery ventilation for domestic properties
Housebuilders, Architects, Mechanical Engineers and Consultants
- RIBA Certified
- Duration: 1 hour + Q&A time
- Location: Customer Premises
- Free of charge